Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Bow before me, I am root.

I did it. Not only did I successfully install Linux-Mandrake onto my system, making it a dual-boot, but I also was able to get my cable modem connection working with USB network access. This may not mean much to the average computer user, but for someone who has, as of late, felt as though she had lost the right to have the Linux fish on the back of her car, it means a lot.

That's one of the things that I absolutely LOVE about Linux - it makes me think. It challenges my mind. There are two sides to me - the side that would love to be an English major, and the side that wants to be an uber-geek. The part of me that it satisfied using Windows, and the side that strives for more complexity - the part that made me install Linux.

As I clicked on the 'resize partition' button during the initial install, fear entered the pit of my stomach. "Please Wait," lingered on the screen, making me more nervous as each moment passed. But, in the end, all turned out well. It was difficult getting my internet connection to work, but I did it. Yes, I did it.

So, that being said, I shall now prepare myself for what I hope will be a restful night's sleep.

Bow before me - I am root.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home